CSV data converter
This free online CSV data converter will help you convert easily and quickly your CSV data to other formats like JSON, XML, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
A comma-separated values (CSV) file is a delimited text file that uses a comma to separate values. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. The use of the comma as a field separator is the source of the name for this file format.
Although CSV and Excel files help store data in tabular format, there are key differences;
- CSV files store data in a tabular form into a delimited text file with extension .csv while Excel keeps files in xls or xlsx.
- CSV is a plain text format with a series of values separated by commas while Excel is a binary file that holds information about all the worksheets in a workbook.
- CSV files can’t perform operations on data while Excel can perform operations on the data.
- Comparing CSV vs Xlsx, CSV files are faster and also consumes less memory whereas Excel consumes more memory while importing data.
- Comparing CSV vs Excel, CSV files can be opened with any text editor in windows while Excel files can’t be opened with text editors.